Unfortunately, there are some regular yoga class changes due to the training. However, we do have some opportunities to attend some of the teacher training classes and have some of the regular yoga classes still available.
Teacher Training Class Packs or Drop In for Pranayama
Take your own practice further or do a self-immersion by attending some of the training sessions. Here are some options:
- Drop in for Pranayama from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. for $19 or 1 punch on a class card (included with unlimited memberships)
- Drop in for the Asana practice from 9:00 – 11:45 a.m. for $55
- Purchase a training punch card for 5 classes for $260 (includes Pranayama)
- Purchase a training punch card for 10 classes for $500 (includes Pranayama)
Attend Kirtan Teacher Training Classes with Amanda Botur
You also have the opportunity to attend the kirtan and Lunar Flow classes with one of our guest teachers Amanda Botur.
- These classes with Amanda are available to attend as a drop in: Sunday, Oct. 18th 3:30 – 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 20th 4:30 – 5:30 p.m., and Friday, Oct. 23rd 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- There will be a Kirtan evening with Amanda that is open to the public at no cost on Friday Oct. 23rd 6:00 – 7:15 p.m.
What is kirtan? “Kirtan is a very different kind of music. Based on ancient chants, it has the ability to quiet the mind if listened to with intention. Everyone experiences kirtan differently, and it doesn’t have to be a religious experience. You can think of it as a sing-along. A kirtan concert is not your typical concert either. Everyone sits on the floor, although chairs are usually available. The performers are accessible, in fact there’s not much of a distinction between performers & audience. The wallah (leader) sings the mantra, and the audience sings it back. A single chant can go on for up to forty minutes. As you sing with each other you experience a deep connection with the musicians, the other audience members and yourself. And when the music stops, your mind is quiet.”
Schedule Changes During Teacher Training Oct. 4 – Nov. 6, 2015:
Here are the general schedule changes during the training, but please consult the daily schedule on MindBody Online here for details and substitutes.
- All evening classes will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- The Tuesday and Thursday 11:00 a.m. classes will move to 12:00 p.m.
- Some of the classes such as the 4:15 and early morning classes will be canceled
- The Friday 12:00 p.m. Intro to Ashtanga and Friday evening 5:15 p.m flow will be canceled
Membership Options During the Training:
All students who participate in the monthly membership discount programs will have the opportunity to suspend the membership during the training. If you want to attend the regularly scheduled classes that are still going on during the training, you can keep your membership active. Plus, with your active membership, you can drop in for Pranayama from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m., which is included for members.
Or, you can suspend the membership and attend teacher training classes with one of the class packs listed above.