Donation-Based Yoga Class and Event Celebrates National Yoga Month and Promotes Unity
Cameron Barker will be co-teaching at Yoga Gives Back
The Jackson Hole Yoga Community is hosting a donation-based outdoor yoga class and event on September 11, 2015 at Center for the Arts lawn in a collaborative effort to celebrate National Yoga Month September. The benefit, which runs from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., is open to all levels of yoga practitioner–from absolute beginners to advanced yogis–and will feature teachers from valley studios, including Cameron Barker
, Scott Dropinski
, Niki Sue Mueller
, Angela Tong
and Neesha Zollinger
, who will be co-teaching a two-hour yoga flow class to promote unity and inspire a healthy lifestyle.
Neesha Zollinger will be co-teaching yoga at Yoga Gives Back event.
All proceeds from the suggested donation of $10.00 will go to six valley non-profit organizations including Center for the Arts
, Children’s Learning Center
, Community Entry Services
, Community Health Information Center
, Jackson Hole Community Counseling Center
and Vertical Harvest
A silent auction and raffle will also contribute 100% of its earnings to these non-profits, which were chosen by the members of the yoga community. Since the event is during the Old Bill’s giving period, the donations will be matched through Old Bill’s Fun Run 2015.
There will also be music for the event, including samples of Rising Appalachia and Rabbit Wilde who will be playing the Pink Garter Theater on Sept. 20, 2015. Learn more here.
Scott Dropinski will be co-teaching at Yoga Gives Back
Yoga means ‘yoke’ or ‘union’ in Sanskrit, the language of yoga, and the Jackson Hole Yoga Community wants to promote this message of union, or unity, in addition to promoting the health benefits of yoga and the healthy lifestyle it encourages. Union can be between body and mind, but also as unity between individuals in a community and even worldwide.
The intention behind this particular event is community and unity, bringing together all of the yoga studios in the Jackson Hole area for a common purpose of service and giving.
Yoga Gives Back Silent Auction Items/Raffle Prizes
• Children 6-12 Youth Ski program through JH Ski Club or Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Donated by Brent Newton Memorial Ski Foundation | Value $1050
• Amy Ringholz painting donated by Amy Ringholz | Value $500
• $300 Rodeo JH boutique gift certificate donated by Rodeo JH | Value $300
• Structural Integration 3-Series donated by Gravity Works | Value $300
• Ayurvedic Consultation with Cameron Barker donated by Jackson Hole Yoga Therapy | Value $250
• Developing a Personal Practice with Molly Armour donated by Jackson Hole Yoga Therapy | Value $250
• Golf for Two at Teton Pines
• 1 – Ten Class Pack to Pursue Movement Studio donated by Pursue Movement Studio | Value $200
• Haircut and Color with Jairus at Jairus Noble Salon | Value $200
• 10 – Individual Surfset Classes ($18 value each) donated by Medicine Wheel Wellness | Value $180
• 2 – 30 Minute Injury Assessments ($75 value each) at Medicine Wheel Wellness | Value $150
• 90-Minute Abhyanga Oil Massage with Cameron Barker donated by Jackson Hole Yoga Therapy | Value $150
• 2 – 5 class packs ($75 value each) to Medicine Wheel Wellness | Value $150
• 5 – 30-Minute Sessions on the Alter G Anti-gravity treadmill at Peak Physical Therapy | Value $125
• Snake River Grill Gift Certificate donated by Snake River Grill | Value $100
• Jackson Hole Backcountry Skier’s Guide SOUTH by Thomas Turiano | Value $95
• $75 gift card to Lotus Cafe | Value $75
• 3 Day Nourish Cleanse from Healthy Being Juicery | Value $180
• 1 Day Reset Cleanse from Healthy Being Juicery | Value $50
• $150 Gift Certificate to Sudachi | Value $150
• Two separate $75 dollar gift certificates to Mountain Khakis | Value $150
• DVD’s and Teton Gravity Goods donated by Teton Gravity Research (TGR) | Value $100
• Onzie Chic Bra donated by Onzie | Value $48
• Onzie Capris donated by Onzie | Value $56
• Teeki Booty Shorts donated by Hannah Navarro Spangler of Jackson Hole Yoga – Yoga in Nicaragua | Value $46
• 2 – sets of 5 classes to Akasha Yoga Studio ($90 each) in the town of Jackson | Value $180
• 2 – sets of 5 classes to Teton Yoga Shala ($85 each) | Value $170
• One 5 class pack to Inversion Yoga | Value $85
• One Tree of Life Gold Plated Necklace by Baroni Designs donated by Teton Yoga Shalao | Value $120
• 2 – Pong Wireless Protection Cases for iPhone 5/5S donated by Teton Yoga Shala ($60 each) | Value $120
• 2 – Yoga Today One-Year Online Membership (valued at $119 each) donated by Yoga Today | Value $238
• Melt Method Hand and Feet Kit donated by Stacy Fischer | Value $50
• Energizing Balancing Session donated by Lori Reetz | Value $100
• Stio Apparel donated by STIO
• Lululemon Yoga Mat donated by Inversion Yoga | Value $48+
• 2 – Art by Abby Trucker Hats donated by Abby Paffrath | Value $35 each
• Jackson Hole T-shirts & Sweatshirts donated by Lee’s Tees
• Assorted Fly Jackson Hole Shirts & Hats
* Teton Yoga Shala Sweatshirt ($60) & Ganesh Tank ($32) | Value $92
• 2 – Mala Meditation Bracelets | Value $27 each
• 1 – Pair Rudraksha + Turquoise Earrings | Value $25
About the Jackson Hole Yoga Community:
While the Jackson Hole Yoga Community isn’t an official entity, it is a group united by its interests in educating about yoga with members including yoga teachers, yoga studios, wellness centers and even an online yoga publisher. This year’s sponsors include Akasha Yoga, Inversion Yoga, Jackson Hole Yoga Therapy, Medicine Wheel Wellness, Pursue Movement, Teton Yoga Shala, Yoga on Little and Yoga Today.
About National Yoga Month:
September is official National Yoga Month, which is a national observance designated by the Department of Health & Human Services, designed to educate about the health benefits of yoga and to inspire a healthy lifestyle. Hundreds of community events are organized each year in celebration of National Yoga Month every September.